Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dutch Creek maybe?

I've been getting such antsy feet for the last few months to get OUTDOORS. Away from people and cities. But May - the roads in the Forestry area are still rather impassable. Then June. Well, June, it freakin rained just about every day! This past weekend, I just couldn't see when we would be able to go. There seems to be something happening every weekend. But when I told D about wanting / needing to get out into the wild (?), he said "How about our first week of holidays?" Which is sooner than I thought, when we looked at the calendar!

So, tentatively, we may be going on either the Sunday or Monday, 2 weeks from now! Last year, I had checked out the Forestry Trunk Road off of Hwy 22, north of Lundbreck prior to us doing the Girls' Weekend Out (we ended up settling at someplace more "civilized")

So I dug out last year's campground guide.... YEAH! I still had it, with my notes of camping spots at camp grounds! So maybe Dutch Creek....

Site Type: Auto-accessible
Location: 30 km north of Crowsnest on Forestry Trunk Road
Distance to Edmonton: 640 km
Distance to Calgary: 345 km
Overnight Camping: Yes
Camping Season: May 1 - October 31
Camping Fees: $12.00 per night
Campsite Reservations: No

When I spoke to Paddy on Sunday about how much I was looking forward to this camping trip, smelling the wood smoke, being in the bush, being near a river or a stream, walking and exploring.... he moaned about how much he would love to do that too! Well, shit, kid, get your sorry backside down here, and come with us!! I have all the camping gear, all he would need is his clothes. AND raingear! ('Cause it ALWAYS rains when I go camping. Family joke, but it's true!) I mean, besides his personal stuff, all I'd have to pack for him is another can of beans and another package of weinies! LOL

We can only go for about 3 nights - have to leave the kitties at home. Three nights should just about do it, food wise. And I'm sure, after 3 days of being locked up alone with Brewster, Lynx will be soooooo happy to see us! Poor old guy.

After D & I talked about it, what movie did we watch? Ya, Grey Owl. Which only made me "need" to get outdoors more! LOL So, needless to say, I am sooooooo looking forward to this! Rain or no rain! ~big sigh~

No comments: