Sunday, July 02, 2006

Amesbury Archer

I've always been facinated with anything Stonehenge related. I would love to see it sometime! I always thought my first trip to Europe would be to the British Isles, who'd have thunk it would be Denmark?? That's what happens when you win a trip to anywhere, and you have a good friend in Denmark, and not England or Ireland or Wales or Scotland. Thanks Gitte, for the unforgettable time I had with you!! :-)

















Anyway, I digress. As usual!!

Last night I finally got a chance to watch a show I had taped about Stonehenge. Only it wasn't so much about Stonehenge, but what the archaelogists stumbled upon. What they thought as a routine excavation turned into finding someone they dubbed the "Amesbury Archer" or "The King of Stonehenge". It was an amazing program and the web site is pretty good too.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/archaeology/king_stonehenge_01.shtml

As I'm watching it, I'm thinking what an amazing story just waiting to be written by someone!! No, not by me! LOL He was found in 2002, where have I been for the last 4 years???? I sooooooo need to win a lottery!! HA! Like THAT would ever happen!! ~big sigh~
ttfn

No comments: