Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

Yippeeee!! Finally got to see The Da Vinci Code!! I've heard mostly good stuff about it, but have read some bad reviews. You know what? Screw the bad reviews! For Dave, who didn't read the book - he enjoyed it! For me, who did the read the book - I enjoyed it! So there!

In the book, Dan Brown does detail on the characters backgrounds - what made them "who" they were. What Ron Howard did was do quick flashbacks of the characters - which gave a person a quick summary of their life or event. It worked. I had some getting used to Sophie. In my mind's eye, from reading the book, Sophie was stronger in appearance. Does that make sense? The movie Sophie is such a tiny thing!

And then it also had a fella I remember from a movie called "The Professional" - Jean Reno, who played a mob executioner: he saved his soul by saving a teenage girl. Anyway, that's what I remember him most for.

Regardless, it was well done. Never a dull moment. Definately want to rent it sometime. Unfortunately, I had a TALL fella sitting 2 rows in front of me who NEVER, EVER slouched! He's shift his bum. I'd be anticipating "the slouch". He's just sit up straighter! Good lord man, sit next to the wall if you are going to sit that way!! So when there was subtitles, I'm cranning my head around to read the entire line. Sheesh.

So TWO THUMBS UP!!

(then we came home, and from watching Tom Hanks on the big screen - D flipped on the tv, and there was "Turner & Hooch". I managed to stay up until the bath scene. Then called it quits. So "today's" Tom Hanks, to a "younger" Tom. Interesting to see the growth.)

TTFN

No comments: