Sunday, February 04, 2007

It's been awhile!! FEBRUARY 4th

OMG!

Okay, it's been awhile. NOT my fault! LOL A few weeks ago, my hard drive decided to crap out on me. Poor old thing! BUT, damn it, lost alot of pics that were on it. Thank goodness I've sent pics (considered albums), which I didn't lose. Thank you Kodak!!

So I take my old pc to work. From my guys at work, they "sold" me an old office one - which was "newer" than my OLD one. Get most everything installed. God, that's time consuming!! And what does it do a week later???????????? It ALSO crashes!! No, it's not anything that I'm doing, or even poor Colin (which when the 2nd one went, he thought for sure they were "dying" - that it was his fault! LOL)

So back to work again, returning the 2nd one. I am now on my 3rd one. Most everything is installed once again. One thing about it, I'm getting good at this! LOL And I learned DO NOT save pics on hard drive!! At the moment, I seem to be good to go.

My work will have MUCH newer ones available in the next few months, they will be decidedly more expensive than these ones (but waaaay cheaper than store bought ones!), and waaaay newer, and should hold me for ALOT longer. 'Cause even this one that I have now could still crap out tomorrow on me! Great when pcs work, but man, when they go down.... what a pain in the @#$!!!

Okay, enough of me complaining.....

Big news is:
We've decided on a date! Not this summer, we are going to go to Brandon to visit family. With the motor home! Dave only gets two weeks off from work, set by his boss. Usually the last week in July / first week in August. We need time before the wedding to set things up, and then get married on a long weekend, and then a few days for a "honeymoon". Well, this summer is definately out - the long weekend happens, and then he's off to work right after it. And besides which, we had promised (and have been promising!) to go out and visit in MB for many years (kinda like the Island - sorry folks!)

But NEXT year, the way the dates fall - he should still have the week AFTER the long weekend off. So the week before to prepare, the long weekend, then off for a few days. So probably the Saturday, Aug 2nd, of 2008. Eighth month, eighth year. I like that.

And get this!! It's too bad it happens on a Friday, but there is a total solar eclipse on August 1st. "a day without a night and a night without a day". Great way to explain a solar eclipse, and from my favorite movie of all time - Ladyhawke!! Unfortunately, from what I've read, we won't see it where we are located. Don't think we'll go waaaay north or to China. The next one we should be able to see won't be until -
"The next two total solar eclipses visible from the United States occur on Aug. 21, 2017 and Apr. 8, 2024. "
Ya, don't think we'll wait THAT long! LOL

Just thought it was cool, that is WAS happening, somewhere on the planet, on that date (ok, the day before THE day). Wonky, I know!

It will be VERY small! I think we have figured out about 18 in total. Wish it could be larger, but we just don't have the space!! We have a very small backyard! Set some tables up, do a potluck medieval themed small feast. More emphasis on the "party" than the ceremony. Thought about doing a handfasting. Too much "ceremony". So we'll probably just get a Marriage Commissioner. Guess that's what they are called. Not a Justice of the Peace, like I thought. Who knew?!!! There seems to be quite a few listed on the web page, guess it depends on how current it is.... I like this one: Alastair MacLean. Well, I mean, I like the name of this one. Sounds like a good Scottish lad, which leads me to the next part...

http://www.medieval-weddings.net/


Dave's on board, and even Colin is. Dress in Medieval style clothes. Colin was worried about "lace". No lace, I promised him! LOL I can see it, it's all in my head. This is a pretty good site for clothing styles (yes, I've been "researching" forEVER!). Altho, I don't think we'll worry about being too accurate, it will be "loosely" based on early medieval times. There is ALOT of difference between the 1200's and the 1700's. But hey, get the guys to wear a pirate shirt with grommets, and the girls to wear chemises with some kind of overdress. Or bodices and skirts. It's gonna be hot, so don't want to wear heavy layered clothing!! And Dave & Colin were convinced they could wear swords! NOT!! LOL Think more "Shrek" than "Pirates of the Caribbean". Or even "A Knight's Tale".

But lots of medieval theme "things". Like these cards, for example. They actually sent me a sample of one - great colour and sharpness!!

And flags and/or banners from Wales, Scotland, Ireland (Erin Go Bragh) - they have pretty cool flags. With Rampant Lions, and dragons. Hey, alot of it will be "ambiance", rather than "historical". How's that for a theme??? LOL

So now all I have to do is get sewing. And phone Mr. Alastair MacLean. And find my divorce papers! LOL But there should be enough time.......... have a year & a half until THE day! Can you believe it? Me? Getting married again? ~gulp~

TTFN

No comments: