Sunday, February 18, 2007

Quaich (said quake)


Last weekend, Colin & I hit the 2nd hand stores in town. He for some cheap clothes, me to check out "things". I LIKE "things". LOL Well, damned if I didn't find a Quaich!! I'm sure nobody else really knew what it was, but I did!! Grabbed the darn thing, and wouldn't let go!! LOL It's a bit dinged in places, but it just adds to the character of it! There wasn't ANY marking ANYWHERE on it, no stamps at all. Go figure!


This is a close up of the handle!


And look at what I paid for it!!! Sweet!! :-) Like I said, I'm sure nobody knew what the darn thing was for!! Their loss, my gain!! LOL

I brought it home, and was soooooo excited. Showed Dave. He said, try a magnet in it. ??? So I did, and it just slid around in it. So he figures it's stainless steel. I wouldn't say it was pewter (well, the handles are probably pewter), and it isn't silver. I don't care. It's mine! :-)

No comments: