Wednesday, February 21, 2007

AHA!!!

Less than 6 weeks, definately within the 6 week period......

Yesterday, on his way home after work, Dave stopped at the gas station to get smokes. What does he hear? sssssssssssssssss.... his tire is deflating that much!! So he fills it up as much as possible to make it home. Guess there's a hole in the side of it. Great, eh?

He started his convertible to make sure it would run for today. Yep, good ole car started up like a charm! Whew.

But... I've been having problems with my car, which I mentioned to him last night. Which I was going to get him to drive my car to work today, and I'd take the truck. But with the truck being out of commission....

This morning he offered to take my car, and he'd leave me the convertible. Damn, that thing is soooooo big, nah, my car will wait another time, until his truck gets fixed.

On my way back to work at lunchtime, before I had even gotten out of our Close, my car dies. And for the life of me, I couldn't get it to restart!! Kinda a groan thing happening, wouldn't turn over. Called Dave, he's going to come & see if it can be boosted (is that a word???). Called my work, told them "ooops, gonna be late!". Dave comes, and figures it's the alternator!!! GREAT!! Just flipping GREAT!!! GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wouldn't charge AT ALL. Put it in neutral, and pushed it backwards, and parked it in front of the neighbor's house and Dave gave me a ride to work. ~big sigh~

CRAP!! Jeez, just thought of something!!! After I had put it into Neutral to push it backwards, when I went into the car to get my stuff, DID I PUT IT BACK INTO PARK??? LOL Well, guess it's a good thing it isn't on a hill or a slope.

So we are down to one vehicle, can you believe that?? Dave's is easier to fix, but mine... if it were the '68, much easier to fix. Being a '92, Dave says he damned near has to take everything out to get at the alternator. Poor guy!

And I can just see Colin coming home after work. There's my car, parked at the corner. And Dave's truck parked in front of the house. But we aren't anywhere in sight. LOL

No comments: