Saturday, February 10, 2007

Owl Day

Yesterday. Friday. February 9th.

Dave leaves for work, I go get ready for work. Next thing you know, he comes back in the house from cleaning off the vehicles from the SNOW we've gotten, all excited and wants me to come to him. Can't, in the middle of my morning constitutional. He had heard a bird call. Over and over again. (he's not a birder, so he didn't recognise the call immediately LOL) Finally sees the bird, and it's an OWL, sitting on the neighbor's antena thingy, and he wanted me to come see. Like I said, can't. By time I get outside to leave for work, I look at the neighbor's thingy, and there isn't an owl to be found. Oh well, guess it was Dave's day to see and hear an owl. Kinda a "whew" for me... you know how seeing an owl for works for me - within 6 weeks there will be a "big change". Sometimes good, sometimes not. LOL

After work, I do some shopping at Wally mart, so it's late, late dusk when I get home. About 6:30. Get out of the car, walk around to the other side to unload my purchases... and what do I hear? Yep. Clear as a bell. An owl hooting. And it's cold and clear and his call almost bounces off the houses. I look to the neighbor's antena thingy to the east, and there isn't an owl there. But I'm hearing it. Almost sounds like there is two, calling to each other. Or is it just the echo bouncing? Then I look to the huge trees in the park to the west, 'cause I've seen them there sometimes. Then back up my vision to the antena on the neighbor's house to the west, which I had totally forgotten they had. Wait! There is something at the top of the pole. I never look at the pole, is it something that is just there all the time? Ooops, not. It moves its head, and viola, there's an owl!!

Okay, so now, I too, have seen and heard the owl. Could prove interesting. Or maybe there isn't anything to it. Only time will tell. :-)

No comments: