Sunday, September 10, 2006

Strange but true...

Just some things that caught my fancy, which I thought I'd share with you...

1) The other day, one of the students (Blair) came back to work from lunch. On his way, he passed a Dumpster Diver digging in the big garbage bin in the back alley. So you can visulize the person I'm talking about, right? Shopping cart beside him. Ratty clothing. And what happens when Blair passes the fella? His cell phone rings. NO, not Blair's. The guy. Seriously - this guy had a cell phone! Which he proceeded to answer and have a conversation on. There's that "you can't judge a book by its cover" thang!

2) Dave's mom called the other night about something. When I asked her how she was doing, out came the phrase "Fair to middlin'." God, flashback to my dad. Something he ALWAYS used to say, and very uncommon for her to say. So it made quite the impression on me! LOL

3) 6 Degrees of Seperation:
Answered the phone the other night. It was a woman. Speaking quickly. All I got out of her was sorta a name of Joyce. When asked who she was, sorta got the name Katherine. Okay. My middle name is Joyce. There is our good friend Kathy that lives up north, and a Kathy that sometimes I walk with at the off leash area. So now I'm confused. Turns out, when I explained to her that I was pretty sure she had the wrong number, but the reason for my confusion was that Joyce was my middle name... of course, then we began talking. Hell, I'll talk to anyone! LOL Turns out, she misdialed the number by transposing the first couple of digits!!

Well, this lady is looking for this Joyce, something to do with the Naturalists/Bird Watchers here in town. Which of course, gave us more to talk about! There we are, comparing notes. In the process, turns out she's been up to RD for some bird watching thingy. My home town. By this time, she's trying to convince me I should either join them, or even speak to their group. I'm trying to explain to her that I'm more of a solitary hiker/watcher, not quite my thing to belong to "groups".

By time we are ending our conversation, she gets my name. The polite thing to do would be to ask her name. When she said it... I just HAD to ask... was her husband's name Frank? Damned if it wasn't!! I then asked her, if by chance, they had been to my work the other day, to see George (one of the partners). Yep, that was them!! Go figure, eh? George had scooped them before I even said "Hi" - I have more of a conversation with her on the phone, via a wrong number!

Isn't life strange??? LOL

No comments: