Friday, September 01, 2006

Off leash.. Darryl's truck

It was soooooo nice and cool yesterday!! When I got home, I surprised Gracie with a trip down to the river. EVERYBODY must have been thinking the same thing!! We started with Kerrie and her pooches - Koda and Bailey. Another fella showed up, with 3 dogs, but he went a different way. Then we ran into my massage girl - Melanie and her 2 pooches. They were just fininshing their 2 hr walk around the bend, so they walked with us a bit, and vacated. THEN Ian shows up with Skip! Then Kathy and Bud arrive. And at the very end, Scooby and his owner arrive. See, told you everyone and their dog had the same idea!! Wish I had brought my camera....

At one point, me and the dogs went down to the river. Ian and Kerrie stayed up top, and I had 4 dogs chasing/swimming for rocks in the water. I tell ya, my arm certainly got a work out!! So did the dogs!! LOL I kept hearing hawks scream, but couldn't see them from the angle I was at. FINALLY, got to see them. Two of them, riding the thermals. WoooHEEEEEE!!! What a feeling!! :-))) You should have seen me trying to get a head start, running up that hill, BEFORE I got trampled on by 4 soaking wet large beasts!

Deb S. called me last night... guess Darryl's truck got stolen the night before. From right in front of their house, under a streetlight. (sound familiar?) A Chevy. A '91 Chevy. VERY much like our truck, only red, not blue. What is with that????? These must be really easy trucks to steal, or something!! So now they are in the same boat that we were back in February. They have had a ton of bad luck in front of their place... Early in July, Deb's car had someone run HEAVILY over it, from trunk to front. Needless to say, her roof got caved in! There was even footprints left behind, on the car. One other time, someone sideswiped her poor little car. Again, it's just sitting in front of their place, minding it's own business. I'm thinking it's the colour of those vehicles... they are both red!! Yep, that'd do it!! LOL

No comments: