Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Spider

Believe it or not, I'm sitting at my pc at work yesterday, and a spider went crawling sideways across one of my notes hanging to the front of me. I'm waaaaaaay better than I used to be with them - I no longer scream and run. Ya, she startled me, I watched her walk over the sheet of paper and disappear behind it. AND I DID NOTHING! I'm soooooo proud of myself! :-)

This morning, I took my little Animal Energies book, and this is what is says about spiders:

Many stories exist about the weaver, Grandmother Spider. In some, she is said to have brought the people the gift of fire. She carried it from the other side of the world on her back in a basket she wove. In others, her webs bind all things together and form the foundation of the Earth. Still other stories talk of Spider as the weaver of the threads of life. Spider's gift is the ability to shape the patterns of one's life. If Spider has crawled into your awareness, it is a reminder that a person's Earth walk should be like a web, balanced and even and cohesive, made according to the design that Creator has given us. Watch the Weaver and see where your life has gaps and snags, and rebuild the web of your life.
So there you have it....

No comments: