Saturday, November 11, 2006

Damned Earworm!!

Jeez....from what seemed like 1:30 this morning, this song refrain kept "being there" in my head. Seems like I didn't get any sleep! ACK! It's from Nickelback's song: Far Away. I checked out the lyrics this morning, actually, the whole song lyrics work for something else, but the refrain I kept hearing probably is my subconscious regarding Colin......

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long

So far away
(So far away)
Been far away for far too long
So far away
(So far away)
Been far away for far too long


Well, off to Calgary this morning to see Deb & Darryl. Deb & I are going to do some 2nd hand stores - I think she's still looking for old cowboy boots! LOL And I'm always game to check out 2nd hand stores!!

Trina called me last night - her new place is near D & D's; I'm going to try to get us over to her place so I can see it! I then asked her if she wanted to join us at Red Lobster for supper... Hey, the more the merrier! I think she's a little lonely - her and her mom had a falling out a few weeks ago, and I think she's feeling the "aloneness" when something like that happens with a family member.

And in the course of our conversation, she told me about a place in Calgary called Sunrise, but it looks like it's meant for natives, not white folk. Too bad. Oh well, there will be some way to get him help.... Just a second - checked out this site, maybe it IS something he could attend.

Not many people at work know what I am about to embark on - yesterday, I was talking to one of the kids that I'm comfortable with. You know what he asked me? "What are you, the family caretaker?" Never thought of myself that way... but ya, I guess I am. I'm always picking up sick & injured animals.... that's just who I am. LOL

After I spoke to Trina, and Dave got home, we called Kathy up in Yellowknife, 'cause she had sent me a cryptic email about news to tell us. Let's see, Kathy being Kathy - she's moving to Australia, she's moving back to England, she's moving here. None of the above, as it turns out. They are going in with a couple of other guys, and going to open up a body shop up in Yellowknife. They are soooooo excited about this! Good for them!! It's actually going to be THREE shops in one. Restorations. Basic body shop work. And fancy dancy paint jobs with the fancy dancy flames, etc. And she's the President. Gonna keep the boys in line. Do all the books and paperwork. And you know - this IS the perfect job for the both of them. The girl LOVES cars, probably more than alot of guys do. So she's no dummy in that department, that's for sure! Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?

And in all these conversations I've had with these girls - I finally really verbalized my idea of the wedding.... How does a medieval peasant potluck wedding sound? Small, in the back yard. Like 20 people. (Okay, that takes care of Dave's family!) Lots of greenery, vines, flowers. I have tons of chandalier crystals to hang from trees, a huge bag of leftover tea lights from a "new" friend, Renee. Irish & medieval type music playing, drinking from tankards. Mead and ale. Tapestries and banners. BOTH of them could see that kind of wedding for us!! LOL

Okay, bit the bullet, and told Dave my idea. Hmmm.... he didn't say much, and I didn't push it. Give him some time to think about it. It must be a girl thang... LOL

Okay, think I've written enough for now!

No comments: