Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My baby brother!

The phone rang about 7:20 last night. I was teasing Dave as I went to answer it, that it must be his mom. (family joke) Even as I was reaching for the phone, I was making comments about telemarketeders.... Sure enough, when I answer the phone, this fella asks if this is Cynthia. Well, what else am I going to say? So sure, ya, it's me. Then it gets weird... 'cause now I'm knowing this voice, which sounds very much like Paddy's voice, but not. If that makes any sense! Turns out it's Colin, my baby brother!! I think the last time I spoke to him was when I was in my basement suite - jeez, it's gotta to be 6 or 7 years. Or did I talk to him when I was in my house? I can't recall - the point is, it's been tooooooo long!!

He was calling me from Banff, from the Y. We spoke for 49 minutes, before his phone went dead. My head is still reeling!! I offered him a place to crash for a week or two if he wants, cause right now he seems to be between jobs. We are going to Calgary this weekend... if he can get there by Sunday, we can pick him up and bring him home for some time to re-group.

Yes, he's still fighting the bottle. He's only 34, but it sounds like his liver is so getting wrecked, and sometimes he'll have seizures. And there isn't much I can do for him. Logically, I know that. That this is a fight he has to win by himself. Doesn't help my heart tho. I just don't know what to do for him.... ~big sigh~

Anyway, we had a really great talk. We both got caught up with stuff. I miss him...

Well, the good news is that he is STILL ALIVE!!! See, told you there was a reason I kept my phone number when I moved to Dave's house!!! :-))))))

No comments: