Wednesday, November 08, 2006

30 minutes

Colin had left a message on my machine at home asking me to call him back - was on the machine when I got home. Had to wait until after 6 to call him back tho - cheaper rates and all that!

It looks like it's gonna happen. Looks like he's coming down here to re-group! He will meet us, probably at the bus depot, on Sunday. He has our cell numbers so he can reach us at Deb & Darryl's.

He's going to do his homework, and find all his necessary paperwork. Like collect his past T4's, guess he hasn't filed for a few years. Gee, go figure! Everything he has will pretty much fit into his knapsack...

I spoke to him about going to Ft Mac Detox centre... that since he has such an aversion to the "god" thing, that if he were to get a chance, maybe he could talk to some native elders - since I'm sure it's quite the high population of native people there. Of course, I may be just way out in left field with that assumption!! But maybe what he needs is to feel connected to the earth under his feet, rather than the heavens above.

Hey, whatever works, however he finds that stillness that he needs....

This time, we spoke for a half hour, and actually said "good-bye" without the phone just going dead. Sweet!!



I then called Paddy.... missed calling him on Sunday. Well, he was at work when I called, I didn't manage to call him BEFORE he went to work! Anyway, told him the good news about Colin being "found", and coming "home", for awhile anyway. I wish my sons could meet Colin, now that they are mostly all growed up. ~big sigh~

Paddy was going to go ski boarding this weekend cause he has 5 days off from school, but it sounds like the plans fell thru. Too bad, 'cause he certainly was excited about it when he was telling me what "might" happen. And the dumb thing is - out of those 5 days off he has... he has to work smack dab in the middle, for just the one day! LOL Isn't life a bitch?!

Okay... man, I don't write for weeks at a time, then every day! Feast or famine, that's me!!
bbfn

No comments: