Tuesday, November 07, 2006

33 minutes

Wow!
Colin called me again last night!! He wants me to see how he can get his birth certificate, his Alberta Health Care, and a detox centre for him to get in to. We managed to speak for 33 minutes before his phone went dead. Those darn "pay as you go" phones!! ~big sigh~

He said he was calling from the top of Rundell Mountain. He was quite proud of himself. He was cold, and it was windy. He had his video camera set on a tripod. His tent was set up. And he brought his JD. Sure, just what he needed - let's thin your blood when you are doing something extreme!! And yes, I said that to him!! LOL

I told him he was on a "vision quest". A time to go inwards. He said his body is tired. His mind is tired. He sounds low. I don't believe in the God of the church and the bible, but I do believe in a higher power. Guess you could say I'm more "spiritual" than "religious". I've been asking for strength for the two of us to get through this....

Oh, and by the way.... looks like he is willing to be picked up on Sunday in Calgary!! Dave & I went to 15% Tuesday last night at Safeway, and bought FOOD galore!! Dave is such a sweetheart... he's even buying extra deoderant and toothbrushes and shampoo for Colin.

I did try to call Tim yesterday to tell him that I had heard from Colin (before I got call #2), but I star 67'd it. 'Cause I know how they work - 10 to 1 they have a call display phone and I didn't want to give them a heads up. Well, they don't have an answering machine... I let it ring and ring and ring, until I had to answer a call here at work. Oh well, their loss.

Anyway....
did I say something back in the beginning of September how I had been enjoying the peace & quiet & calm???? LOL

1 comment:

Viki said...

You go Colin. You're certainly not alone in this family.