Monday, November 27, 2006

2 weeks!! Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump

Okay, so last weekend, I dragged Colin to Writing-On-Stone - this weekend, I really, REALLY wanted to go to Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump on Saturday. BUT, the weather turned nasty, so we didn't. :-(

I go darned near every year around November 25th, they have this great "Christmas Open House". They have crafts made by native peoples, and a mini grand entry, and the guys sitting around a huge drum, pounding the "poop" out of it, and they've had this fantastic hoop dancer (girl) there once or twice. This year they were going to have the World Champion (an Alberta boy) there performing the hoop dance. So ya, I really would have liked to go. And it's the ONLY time it's free to go into the Interpretive Centre!! Even better! But the temperatures went down and down and down, and there was blowing snow.... I decided against it. Darn it anyway! Oh well, there is always next year!

No comments: