Friday, February 03, 2006

Small pleasures & BIG couches!!

Wednesday, for whatever reason, this ad popped out of the paper at me: COUCH & LOVESEAT. Green leather, reclining. $500 for the set. 555-5555. It wasn't like I was scanning the classifieds, going down the column with my finger,looking for a couch! It was just THERE!! Anyway, came home that nite, mentioned it to D. He said, we should look into it. Ya, but, $500. Oh wait, there's Ralph's Bucks that came in.

Ended up calling the number on Thurs. The phone was busy a couple of times, but I finally got thru. Spoke to the lady, there was someoone looking at it at 1 p.m. Damn, rushed over to the south side on my lunch hour at 11 a.m. NICE green leather reclining LARGE couch and loveseat. Called D on his NEW CELL PHONE... at work, he was ok with coming over on his lunch hour to give cash to them, and I flew out of there to rush home (waaay north), let the dogs out for their pees and give Shannon her pill, and zipped back to work. ALL in an hour!!

Last night, D and a buddy brought them home. CRAP, much larger than my old $15 auction buy!! Got them all set up. D is in HEAVEN!! There he was last night, all reclined on the couch, quite enjoying the comfort!! LOL He sooooo hated my old green couch!! Hey, $15, 4 or 5 years ago... it served a purpose!! And because the deck is covered and protected from the wind and rain, I'm going to set up the old couch on the deck. Might as well... Lynx and Gracie will love it out there!!

And the "small pleasures"... I went over W's head at work directly to one of the partners and got the okay to spend about $600 on a remote ear / mic way of answering the phone!! And he was so okay with it... I had the whole speel ready to give him why I needed it, and he didn't care!! W would have so given me grief, she can be SUCH a hard ass!! WwhooooooHooooo!! "Small pleasures!" LOL Life is GOOD!!

No comments: