Saturday, February 11, 2006

Roll Me Away by Bob Seger

You know, I never heard this song until a few years ago. I had the cd on, and was cleaning the house, and suddenly, I HEARD it! I have this cd in my car (the only one in a 10 pak, go figure!) And the section of lyrics below are great, but it's the lyrics AND the music that makes it! I wish everyone could hear it!!

Stood alone on a mountain top,
starin' out at the Great Divide
I could go east, I could go west,
it was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin'
and my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singin'

Roll, roll me away,
I'm gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rollin, gotta keep ridin',
keep searchin' till I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right


One of my favorites!!
TTFN

No comments: