Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Well, the garage sale is done! Whew! On Friday, I managed, all by myself, to put up my HUGE white tarp to cover the sale area. Well, it pretty much covers the entire side yard, which is great. Because ya just never know what will show up.... rain, sleet, snow, wind, sun. We went with the latter this time around.

Made $150.40 on Saturday, and another 50 bucks or so on Sunday. C'mon baby, momma needs new glasses!! But that's not too bad, considering I didn't have any furniture, it was just "stuff". Man, 10 yrs ago, I didn't have a pot to pee in - now I've become a pack rat!! Jeez!!

My Hitachi tv didn't find a new home at the sale. 10 bucks, couldn't even get an offer on it. This was my first major purchase, back in 1979 or so. Damn thing cost me $700. Cost me more than my bloody car did!! I got that $500. Mind you, it wasn't new, and Dave liked me even back then, so he and his buddy Rollie made 2 cars into one.

So my tv, and a whole 1/2 ton truck load of stuff went to Sally Ann yesterday. If I had the time or inclination, I could have probably sold it all on ebay!! But that's okay, Sally Ann and auctions and other 2nd hand stores were my friends when I first moved down here, so maybe some other woman in the same circumstances will appreciate some of the things. And some of the items, I actually just returned BACK to Sally Ann! Thanks! It was greatly appreciated! :-)

No comments: