Sunday, August 27, 2006

some other plants, and stuff...

This is my clay chimenea... originally it was kinda brownish/grayish. Not one to leave things as they are... I painted it! Just used the inexpensive acrylic paints, and get this... Future Floor wax to seal it. It's acrylic too. Hey, found the instructions on the internet, and damned if it didn't work! Started off with my small fires in it to "cure" it, and viola, I have a useable working fire pot for the back yard! It's so cool when it catches, 'cause you can hear the whoom as it goes up the chimney. I'm quite proud of the little begger! :-)


This actually has wax inside of it, a candle. I just liked it 'cause of the face. So I hide him behind greenery, and he peeps out at people.


This is my iron chemenea... just a couple of problems with it. It's open all the way around, so sometimes everything gets blown all over the place. And it rusts!!


This is an up close of my Flax Flowers, hmmmm.... guess the camera didn't focus like it was supposed to.


This is what the Flax plant looks like. Looks waaaay better when it is fresh in the spring.


My Gerbera Daisy. Love these flowers!

And if you take a look at the bottom of the plant, you can see a baby gerbera growing. What's cool about these flowers, they don't grow up, then bud. The flower actually begins at the bottom, and only enlarges as it gets taller.

No comments: