Friday, August 18, 2006

Paddy & Friends!

We finally got home late Friday afternoon from our wonderful camping trip, July 28th. Smelling to high heaven. :-)

I had to pee sooooooo badly, I grabbed the house keys and flew into the house. While sitting there, I noticed the shower curtain looked "off". And the bath mat, normally hung over the tub, was on the floor. Shrugged it off, after all, Brewster had been locked up in the house for 3 days with Lynx.... When I went into the livingroom to open the curtains... there were TWO glasses on the table. Hmmm... thought I had loaded all the dishes and ran the dishwasher before we left. Went to listen to the messages on the answering machine, which is flashing like crazy. About the 4th one in - is a message from Paddy - he's going to be at the house on Thursday night with a couple of his friends, for the weekend. Shit!! That was last night!! Well, where are they??? Did they go back to Red Deer?

Turns out, they got here, we weren't home (not for another 24 hrs!), thank goodness P still had the key to the house. So he made the beds for him and his friends, they ate at Subway, and made themselves at home. They showed up about 15 minutes after we got home, so I got to make a GREAT first impression on his buddies!! Tanned and dirty, smelling of wood smoke and god only knows what else, crazy cowboy hat on my head (like I'm taking THAT off!), and my tats making an appearance. Ya, don't I look like everyone's Mom!???

And a great introduction to us - "Here, Guys. Help unload the truck". Next thing you know, I have three 17-yr olds helping us old folks out! Hey, they have to earn their keep somehow!! Of course, it's absolutely chaotic. Gracie & Brewster. TALL young men up and down the stairs. Rubbermaid containers EVERYWHERE!! On the deck, downstairs, upstairs in kitchen.

We visited for a bit, ordered pizza, had our showers. There, this is more like a "Mom" should look and smell! LOL

We had them, off and on, at the house. They usually disappeared in the evenings, AFTER supper. But they were normally home around midnight. Both of Paddy's friends used good manners, nice to see. :-) Of course, they are being on their best behaviour!! But really nice guys, I'm glad they all took this little road trip down here. The blond is Phil, and the dark-haired one is Ben. And the one in the middle, wearing green, is my baby. Chowing down on breakfast, last day....

No comments: