Saturday, August 26, 2006

Inuksuit

This is my Inuksuk in the front yard - should have taken the picture laying down in front of it!!


And here is my Inuksuk in the back yard. I'm showing it, 'cause people thought they were pretty neat too. So while I'm showing my "yard", I might as well show everything. Just to bore the "heck" out of everyone out there! LOL

We went to the mountains a few years ago and got these wonderful rocks from a very old slide area. At my house, I used them for stepping stones. But then when I moved to this house, I really wanted to build one (or two), so off we went to the mountains again. Dave had to keep reminding me that his truck is a HALF ton, it can only take so much weight. But they (the rocks) are soooooo sweet!! :-) Paddy was with us that trip, we were sorta building them out there, to get an idea of which rocks would balance properly. I have a feeling the Inuksuit may have to stay with the house if/when/where we sell it. They are almost too much of a puzzle to put together again. And who knows, maybe it will be a selling feature? If the people that came thru today had their way, they certainly would be. Lots and LOTS of positive feedback on our little "cozy" backyard, as one fella called it.

No comments: