Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Brewster & THE TREES!!!! GGRRRRRRR

My darling little cute kitty... has been hitting the trees lately. We had an extension on his leash (which slides along the clothesline), but I had to cut that out when he got into a tree, managed to get out of his harness, and was footloose and fancy free in the trees. So back to the shorter leash, which is still very long. But he's still wanting to get into the trees, quite the little climber this one!!

TODAY.... I come home at lunch time and as usual, I put his harness on him, and put him outside on the line. I had barely turned my back, and UP he went the bushy trees that we have in the side yard. He still had his harness on, but I guess I didn't close the clasp on the leash part. So it's laying there, and he's free. Who knows!

But there he is, tree walking. He'd go higher. I'd call, and he'd sorta/kinda come down. Then up again. And over to further branches. IT'S A GAME!! I'm mentally trying to figure out the whole time, how to get the little bugger out of the trees. BEFORE he ended up on the other side of the fence!! Ya, I could go into the house, and get the garage door key. Unlock the garage. Get the ladder. Get it over to him. Oh wait, move the ladder, 'cause he's gone thata way. Etc. etc. I could just see this being a 2 hr job!! I don't have time for this!!

Don't call SPCA on me, but I turned on the outside tap, took the hose with the sprayer, and proceeded to stream him. So there he is, getting soaked. Crying out in his baby meow. I'd shut it off, but he STILL wasn't coming down, just moving out more on the branches. CRAP!! Hit him again with the water. He's still crying. Lynx (our 7 yr cat) now begins to meow his yowling call, cuz he's upset at what I'm doing to Brewster. Underneath of the water that is coming down. Of course, Gracie has to get into this mellee too. Barking and dancing under the tree! FINALLY, Brewster falls out of the tree. And yes, he landed on his feet, it wasn't that far up! But he lands in the MUD that is underneath the bush. I scooped my poor wet kitty, and brought him in, and held him under the bathtub tap to clean the mud off!! What utter chaos!! Had to call Lynx in, cuz he's now standing in the middle of the yard, still yowling. Guess he missed me grabbing Brewster and flying past him into the house.

Quickly grabbed one of my poor white towels, and rubbed Brewster down. Thank goodness for bleach, 'cause the towel is going to need it!! He was still muddy, even after the quickie bath!! Made sure he was okay, that Lynx was okay (cuz he was pretty upset with the whole thing), and left Gracie chewing her soup bone, and had to hussle my butt back to work.

What am I to do with this guy?????????? I know, maybe I'll just put a net completely over the side yard (it's not a big yard). We've seen those nets at zoos and stuff. Somehow, I can't see Dave going for that idea!! ~big sigh~
bbfn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the challanger, eh! Jean

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that bloc thing allthough I have no clue as to what it is called in danish, ha especially the cat story, I can just picture you with the hose, Cruella....................