Friday, June 26, 2009

Deaths...

It was a strange day yesterday....
First we get the news that Farrah Fawcett passed away, which wasn't unexpected. The poor woman suffered greatly with cancer, now she is finally pass the pain. I was at the age that I watched Charlie's Angels all the time.. she was part of my life in a way.

And then the REALLY shocking news came over the news! That Michael Jackson died of a heart attack... at first, I thought it was just rumours flying, but no, he really did die! Yes, I know that he got 'strange' in the last few years, but the man was amazing prior to that! Now this fella.. I DID grow up with him! Here he is, just a wee bit younger than me, with money and doctors, and he dies of a heart attack??

And yes, when he got 'strange', everybody made fun of him, but when he was at the top of his game, holy moly, he was an amazing artist! And that's the Michael I'm going to remember! The one that set the world on fire with his music, his videos, his songs! He WAS the King of Pop and nobody will ever be able to top that! Just really weird to me that he died, that there is no more Michael, that he will never be able to be the person he could have been, to 'redeem' himself to his fans - I'm sure, with all his talent, he could have created even more amazing music! What a shame, what a waste. And then there is his kids... yes, their father was 'off', but he WAS their father, and now.... he's gone. So while most of us mourn his loss in the music industry, I'm sure they are even more stunned and shocked and are feeling a great personal loss of the man they loved, just as any of us do when we lose someone we love dearly.

RIP

No comments: