Thursday, April 13, 2006

EARWORM!!!!

Earworm
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Earworm, a loan translation of the German Ohrwurm, is a term for a song stuck in one's head, particularly an annoying one. Use of the English translation was introduced by James Kellaris, an associate professor of marketing at the University of Cincinnati. His studies appeared to demonstrate that different people have varying susceptibilities to earworms, but that almost everybody has been afflicted with one at some time or another.
Some sufferers from earworm prefer the term "repetunitis" or, if sufficiently acute, "melodymania."


I "suffer" from EARWORM!!
This morning, like EVERY morning, I wake up to some portion of a song going over and over again in my head. But this morning was REALLY bad!! This morning, I heard over and over again, and over and over again.... "hands in my pocket, hands in my pocket, hands in my pocket"!!!!!!!!!!!! You know, from those DUMB tv commercials!!! GGGRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: